WHAT IS KETOSOURCE KETONE BAR?
The Ketone Bar is the first snack bar in the world that has been designed and tested to:
- Increase blood ketones (Beta-hydroxybutyrate)
- Have zero glycemic impact (it does not raise blood sugar) and often will lower blood sugar
- Is 100% ketogenic (has been tested to not interfere with your diet, but support it)
HOW KETONE BARS WORK
Ketone bars contain no glycemic ingredients, are moderate in protein and contain high amounts of fat.
In addition, ketone bars contain Pure C8 MCT oil and Pure C8 MCT Powder which contain C8 MCT that converts into ketones via the liver. As a consequence, the bars not only have no glucose response (i.e. are 100% ketogenic), but they also boost ketones.
This provides a quick and direct energy source from ketone metabolism and the other various benefits of ketone-bodies.
HOW KETONE BARS DIFFER TO OTHER SIMILAR PRODUCTS
Ketosource Ketone Bars are unique because they are designed and tested to increase blood ketones.
Similar products would be Low Carb bars like Grenade Carb Killa Bars and Quest Bars. However, these bars are high protein, which is not ketogenic. As a result, despite being low carb, these bars tend to spike blood glucose and as a result, are not ketogenic.
Other similar products are ketogenic bars. There are a few of these available currently. The best-recognized one is the KetoBar. These are designed to be ketogenic, but don't increase blood ketones.
Note: You should test bars that state they are ketogenic yourself since we've found that these statements often don't hold true.
WHO ARE KETONE BARS SUITABLE FOR?
Ketone Bars are suitable for consumption for you if you in the following situations:
- Use as a meal, snack or carb replacement. Since the Ketone Bar boosts ketones, this reduces hunger and helps curb any carb or hunger cravings.
- Ketogenic or low-carb dieters who want easy snacks that are 100% ketogenic compliant that they can use when at work or traveling
- People who are new to the ketogenic diet and want to increase ketosis or ease their way into ketosis
- People looking to increase cognitive performance through ketone fuelling and metabolism (note: aiming for 1.5 to 3 mmol is considered a good blood ketone range to aim for)
IS THIS KETOGENIC FOR EVERYONE?
- These bars have a ketogenic profile and are
- Verified ketogenic profile by gold standard blood ketone monitor. Many keto and low-carb snacks on the market fail testing
- Contains a very high purity source of C8 MCT. C8 MCT is the only MCT that increases blood ketones effectively
- Will not kick you out of ketosis and will not drop your ketones
- Works for everyone on a ketogenic diet
- Is suitable for the most strict ketogenic diet
- Click here for full explanation
Great Taste & Texture: Customer feedback since release describes these bars as 'lush', 'delicious', and 'amazing'.
MANUFACTURING & PACKAGING INFORMATION
Ketosource Ketone Bars are GMO-free, gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo and vegetarian compliant.
The oil has also been screened for heavy metal and pesticide residues.
You can purchase either in single bars (trial size) or in boxes of 12.
Ketosource Ketone Bars have been designed to use a minimum of ingredients and only ingredients that are beneficial to the body based on current research.
Ketone Bars contain no artificial sweeteners that damage the gut and include specific types of fiber that have beneficial effects on the gut (acacia fiber, chicory root fiber).
They are used by most people in the following situations:
- At Work or While Travelling: Used as conveniently carried snack or meal replacements when ketogenic options aren't easily available at work or while travelling.
- For a Performance Boost: Before workouts, physical training, or cognitive tasks. Ketone bars provide a ketone energy boost that can support and fuel performance.
RECOMMENDED DOSAGEFor optimum results you should use this product as follows:
- Eat one bar for meal replacement or snack situations. Ketones take approx. 30 minutes to start to rise, and after this point is reached you should feel more satiated/ less hungry.
- For performance situations you may want to load up with 2 bars 30 to 60 minutes beforehand depending on your energy needs.
TO AVOID AND REVERSE SIDE EFFECTSDepending on your gut microbiome, if you overuse this product (e.g. eat 2 or 3 bars in one go) it is possible that you may experience some stomach ache, upset or gas. If this happens, simply reduce your intake to a standard intake (e.g. 1 bar per hour).
Chocolate Caramel Flavour
Macronutrients Per Bar (60g)
Net Carbs - 3.1g
Protein - 5.4g
Fat - 17g
GMO Free, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Paleo, Vegetarian
- 100% Natural Ingredients: Only natural and health promoting ingredients used. Nothing synthetic. No highly processed fibers.
- Pure Cocoa Mass, Natural Sweetener (Erythritol), Cashew Butter, Pure C8 MCT Powder (Caprylic Acid Triglycerides, Acacia Fiber), Natural Sweetener (Xylitol), Chicory Root Fiber, Pure C8 MCT Oil (Caprylic Acid Triglycerides), Egg White Powder, Himalayan Salt, Sunflower Lecithin and Natural Flavorings.
Full Nutrition Information
Calories - 220kcal
Total Fat - 17g
Total Carbs - 18.5g
Sugar Alcohols / Polyols - 15.4g
Total Sugars - 0.9g
Protein - 5.4g
FUNCTIONAL IMPACTWe have collected data from over 40 people on the blood glucose and ketone response for the Ketone Bars. Below we show the response to eating 2 ketone bars (120g). Note that the glycemic response is flat to declining, and the ketones are increased over the 3 hours after eating.
As illustrated in the chart, if you are interested in doing your own testing to see the results in yourself, you should test for 3 hours (180 mins) after eating a bar. The typical results are:
- Increased ketones. This effect typically peaks at 2 hours to 2 hours 30 minutes after eating.
- Decreased glucose: This effect should peak by 3 hours. The reason for this is that it appears at a lagg (e.g. 30 to 60 minutes) from an increase in ketones.
In addition, a 9 person randomized experiment was carried out with the Ketone Bars at a Keto London Community Meetup. You can read the results here.
Ketosource are planning and undertaking studies of larger numbers of people to establish the blood glucose and blood ketone response to the ketone bars across the population. We'll also be looking to understand what personal and lifestyle factors may affect this functional response to the bar. If you'd like to take part in one of these studies submit your application here.
RELATED RESEARCHKetosource Ketone Bars contain Pure C8 MCT oil. This is also known as a pure Caprylic Acid Triglycerides product.
See this in-depth article on Caprylic Acid (C8) to understand the research and how it works.