RAW CHOCOLATE ORGANIC VIRGIN CACAO BUTTER
Cacao butter, sometimes also called theobroma oil, is a natural vegetable oil extracted from the Cacao bean.
This is the pure oil extracted from the whole raw cacao bean and made using a cold pressing technique where the temperature always stays below 60°C. This type of process makes sure of the high quality and nutritional integrity of this product.
It is a healthy fat source, which has a superb chocolatey aroma. Raw Chocolate Organic Virgin Cacao Butter is a delicious ingredient in raw chocolate, cake or dessert making. It's great to use on porridge.
This butter is also used as a skin moisturizer. It does not contain chemicals, hexane or solvents. It may contain nuts.
BENEFITS OF VIRGIN CACAO BUTTER
These are the main health benefits of using the product:
- it raises immunity
- it helps improve heart health
- it prevents skin dryness
The Raw Chocolate Company recommends using the butter in the following simple raw chocolate recipe:
90g Organic Virgin Cacao Butter
60g Raw Organic Cacao Powder
60g Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
- Place the Cacao Butter in a bowl over a pan of hot water on a low heat and melt gently.
- Leaving the bowl over the pan, add the coconut palm sugar to the melted oil and stir.
- Then stir in the cacao powder and mix well using a balloon whisk or hand blender.
- Spoon or pour into ice cube trays, silicon moulds or even a plastic tub to make one big chocolate bar.
- Place in the fridge and leave to set.
- For a flavoured Raw Chocolate, try adding any of the following: a pinch of cayenne or chilli powder, a drop or two of (food grade) peppermint or orange oil, orange zest, Vanilla powder, sea salt, Maca powder, dried fruit, nuts, spices.