WHAT IS KETOSOURCE PURE C8 MCT OIL?
Pure C8 MCT Oil is a higher purity MCT oil made from concentrated Caprylic Acid (also known as C8). The higher purity of this oil (99.8%) eliminates odor and taste, while also reducing the typical gut symptoms experienced with MCT oils.
Read this in depth article on Caprylic Acid (C8).
HOW PURE C8 MCT OIL WORKS
Pure C8 MCT oil is the most efficient of the Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT) in its conversion into ketones via the liver. As a consequence, per gram consumed, more ketones are generated than other MCT oils.
After consuming a dose of C8, from 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon, it is funneled directly to the liver and converted into ketones.
This provides a quick and direct energy source from ketone metabolism and the other various benefits of ketone-bodies.
C8 MCT Oil is odorless, tasteless and can be substituted with traditional oils. Easy to mix in protein shakes, coffee, or any other types of beverages for sustained energy.
HOW PURE C8 MCT OIL DIFFERS TO OTHER SIMILAR PRODUCTS
WHO IS PURE C8 MCT OIL SUITABLE FOR?
Pure C8 MCT oil (Caprylic Acid Triglycerides) is suitable for consumption by people in the following situations:
- Ketogenic or low-carb dieters wishing to increase ketosis or to ease their way into ketosis
- People looking to increase cognitive performance through ketone fuelling and metabolism (note: aiming for 1.5 to 3 mmol is considered a good blood ketone range to aim for)
- People looking to increase physical performance in the gym, in competitions and as professional athletes through ketone fuelling and metabolism
IS THIS KETOGENIC FOR EVERYONE?
- It has a ketogenic profile and is
- Will not kick you out of ketosis and will not drop your ketones
- Works for everyone on a ketogenic diet
- Is suitable for the most strict ketogenic diet
- It has ketone boosting ingredients - C8 MCT Oil (99.8%)
- C8 MCT is the only MCT that increases blood ketones effectively
Easily Digested: Customer feedback shows that less people experience the typical upset stomach seen with lower purity MCT oils. The typical indigestion, loose stools and stomach aches caused by MCT oils should not occur.
MANUFACTURING & PACKAGING INFORMATION
Ketosource is a GMO-free, gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo and vegan compliant product.
The oil has also been screened for heavy metal and pesticide residues.
The bottles come in 100ml, 500ml and 1000ml sizes. Except for the 500ml Glass Edition, all variations come in PET BPA-free bottles.
Ketosource Pure C8 MCT oil is made from two sources: coconut oil and RSPO certified sustainable palm kernel oil.
Certificate of Analysis/ Third Party Testing of C8 Quality
- Added to hot drinks such as coffee and teas
- Added to foods/ meals, such as using it as an oil in salads or just adding to any meal
- Added to any smoothie, juice or other drink
- Used for cooking such as frying in place of other oils (the oil is suitable for cooking up to 160°C (320°F)
RECOMMENDED DOSAGEFor optimum results you should use this product as follows:
- Start at a low dose of 1 teaspoon per day and take it with food
- Slowly build up to a maximum of 3 doses per day
- Slowly increase the dose size from 1 teaspooon to 1 tablespoon
TO AVOID AND REVERSE SIDE EFFECTSIf you overuse this product or use it on an empty stomach, stomach ache or upset may occur. If this happens, simply back off to a smaller dose and take with larger amounts of food. This will resolve the symptom. You can then steadily increase the dose again after a few days.
USING C8 MCT OIL CORRECTLY FOR WEIGHT LOSSIf your goal is weight loss then there is an optimum way you can use the oil. We have created a complete course on how to use the oil - please access it for free here in our learning center.
Pure C8 MCT Oil
Macronutrients Per Dose (18ml)
Net Carbs - 0g
Protein - 0g
Fat - 17.2g
GMO Free, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Paleo, Vegan, Vegetarian
Caprylic Acid Triglycerides (C8 MCT oil)
Full Nutrition Information
Calories - 155kcal
Total Fat - 17.2g
Total Carbs - 0g
Sugar Alcohols / Polyols - 0g
Total Sugars - 0g
Protein - 0g
ARTICLES SUMMARIZING RESEARCHKetosource Pure C8 MCT oil is a pure Caprylic Acid Triglycerides (also known as C8) product.
See this in-depth article on Caprylic Acid (C8) to understand the research and how it works.
STUDIES ILLUSTRATING C8 MCT OIL MECHANISMS OF ACTION
- Schultz, L.H., Smith, V.R., Lardy, H.A (1949). The effect of the administration of various fatty acids on the blood ketone levels of ruminants. Journal of Diary Science, 32, 817 – 822.
- McGarry, J. D., & Foster, D. W. (1971). The Regulation of Ketogenesis from Octanoic Acid The Role of the Tricarboxylic Acid Cycle and Fatty Acid Synthesis. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 246(4), 1149-1159.
- Miles, J. M., Haymond, M. W., Nissen, S. L., & Gerich, J. E. (1983). Effects of free fatty acid availability, glucagon excess, and insulin deficiency on ketone body production in postabsorptive man. Journal of Clinical Investigation, 71(6), 1554.
- Schwabe, A. D., Bennett, L. R., & Bowman, L. P. (1964). Octanoic acid absorption and oxidation in humans. Journal of applied physiology, 19(2), 335-337.
- Nair, M. K. M., Joy, J., Vasudevan, P., Hinckley, L., Hoagland, T. A., & Venkitanarayanan, K. S. (2005). Antibacterial effect of caprylic acid and monocaprylin on major bacterial mastitis pathogens. Journal of dairy science, 88(10), 3488-3495.
- Kim, B. H., Sandock, K. D., Robertson, T. P., Lewis, S. J., & Akoh, C. C. (2008). Dietary structured lipids and phytosteryl esters: blood lipids and cardiovascular status in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Lipids, 43(1), 55-64.
- Vandenberghe, C., St-Pierre, V., Pierotti, T., Fortier, M., Brodeur-Dubreuil, C., Cunnane, S.C. (2016). Acute plasma ketone response to coconut oil alone or in combination with different medium chain triglycerides. ISSFAL Congress, Banf Canada, Poster Presentation.
- Scalfi, L., Coltorti, A., & Contaldo, F. (1991). Postprandial thermogenesis in lean and obese subjects after meals supplemented with medium-chain and long-chain triglycerides. The American journal of clinical nutrition, 53(5), 1130-1133.