WHAT IS COCONUT OIL POWDER?
Coconut Oil Powder is a product derived from organic coconuts. Since coconut oil consists of saturated fatty acids, it contains high levels of medium chain triglycerides (MCT).
Quest Nutrition developed a formula which uses a low glycemic ingredient Soluble Corn Fibre. To create their product and deliver the oil in a convenient powder form, they use micro-encapsulation with Soluble Corn Fibre.
It contains Coconut and Milk Derived Ingredients. It does not contain Maltodextrin.
BENEFITS OF COCONUT OIL POWDER
As a food supplement, this product has many benefits:
- It is one of the richest sources of saturated fat and MCT. Human body uses MCT’s to increase calorie burning and it also helps to lower blood glucose level within the body.
- Coconut Oil Powder prevents heart disease and high blood pressure. The saturated fats increase the healthy cholesterol (HDL) in human body. They also help to convert the bad cholesterol (LDL) into good cholesterol.
- The fatty acids are useful in killing harmful pathogens in the body, and helping in the prevention of infections.
- The fatty acids also reduce hunger. Body can turn them into ketones, which can help in reducing chances of seizures.
- It produces a longer sustained energy, increases metabolism and improves brain function.
Coconut Oil Powder comes in a 20oz (567g) container, which equals to 56 servings.
This powdered coconut oil is both Keto and Paleo friendly.
Quest Nutrition is a US based company whose mission is to revolutionise food while not compromising on taste or nutrition.
Quest Nutrition suggests using this product in baking instead of other fats. Because of its powder form, it is also convenient to add to shakes and smoothies to make them creamier.